An ambitious web developer with 10+ years experience in creating business focused web products, e-commerce solutions; and online tools using object orientated program design. I am a full stack developer with strong skills in
CSS all adhering to web coding standards.
As someone who's continually evaluating, and learning new skills in my field, I love a good puzzle and don't shy away from a tight deadline. I have worked successfully as a key member of many teams solving complex problems for consultancy firms, software companies; media agencies, IT departments and everything in between.
January 2020 - Present
October 2017 - January 2020
At Isobar I was lead frontend developer of a fantastic team. Predominately working on full-stack projects creating medium to large sites using SilverStripe backend, and React front end.
As the lead frontend dev I helped transition the company from small/medium agency work into enterprise product development.
December 2015 - September 2017
Joining Elvis as a senior developer, I was part of an overarching tech team that built everything from mobile applications, to physical on location builds. Mainly focusing on SPA applications for large companies, I got to develop some rich, and engaging content for numerous high-profile clients. I took an active role in researching and implementing new technologies where they best fit, as well as directing junior team members in their personal development.
Being a small agile team allowed for the leveraging of new and emerging technologies. Building SPA apps with Angular 1.x, engaging fully client side websites using React and NodeJS, and even some VR work with the Unity engine allowed for some very rewarding projects.
September 2013 - August 2015
I joined Toast as their lead developer, taking over the web department as part of their company restructure. I took on all new projects from conception to implementation. Client management and planning were important parts of this role, and I learnt many valuable skills managing their expectations, as well as developing systems around UX to better suit the needs of the spec.
Working closely with the SilverStripe community, I developed my skills with PHP, and SQL diving deeply into open source - bug fixing, creating plugins, and working with a talented team to create engaging software.
Fiserv Information Technology and Services
July 2012 - September 2013
Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team, creating a new mobile platform for the company's banking payment software. I was trained as a SCRUM master for this project under the Agile methodology, and was responsible for a small team as the PTL of the front-end and UX departments. The software I helped design and build was written using jQuery Mobile, and was then compiled to native code using Phonegap. The supported QA matrix for this software required an extensive automated BDD testing environment, as well as complete code coverage in the .NET framework.
Websites Made Easy Limited
July 2010 - July 2012
When I joined Websites Made Easy the company was a reasonably small start-up. I became fully involved in developing new processes to streamline the web development stage of all projects, as well as designing tools and applications to cut time and costs from existing projects. Working predominantly with Wordpress, I learnt the full LAMP stack from server configuration in Linux, to making efficient SQL queries with MySQL.
Diploma of Computer Science
Natcoll - Graduated April 2010
Key competencies and skills
- Knowledge of:
- Experience with MVC frameworks e.g Laravel, SilverStripe; CakePHP.
- Writing technical manuals, and user instructions.
- Strategically thinking though all parts of the UX/design process. Including mobile first, and responsive design.
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as GIT/SVN.
- Knowledge of payment processing, and multi-currency pricing.
- Able to manage workload effectively and prioritise tasks.
- Can quickly understand business requirements, and translate these into functional requirements.
- Can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Adaptable and able to quickly learn new skills, and technologies.
- Terrific interpersonal and communication skills, able to easily interact with fellow co-workers and clients alike.
- Comfortable with teaching, and leading teams.
- Confident, friendly and easy to get along with.
- Pretty good at table tennis.
Available on request.